Thursday, November 09, 2006

MACHO MEETS MAN-LOVE


Today, Mexico legalised gay unions.

Interestingly, the Spanish word for law is pronounced 'lay'... so everyone's going around talking about the 'gay lay'.

I hightailed it down to the Legislative Assembly for a little journalistic action, and found lots of people wearing all white (the ones who think that have a patent on purity..)

Interestingly one of them was a 65 year old man who 'helped' me with interview talent by continually grabbing my arm and pulling me in so that my body was touching his. Really, I felt like telling him to take his white shirt, pants and shoes... and bugger off. A bit of consensual man-on-man's not ok, but molesting someone young enough to be your daughter is??

In the gay camp there were lots of people wearing all the colours of the rainbow.
To add a latino festive touch, they had a Latin rock band and everyone was dancing.

All the anti-gay 'no we're not against them having rights, we just don't want them to have... rights' people had placards, and their feet firmly on the ground.

This guy was my favourite. I interviewed him for the gay side (before he put the outfit on), and he said 'I look at some of the people protesting against us and I think, 'You look more gay than me.'

Hmmmm.

No comments: